Location: Bengaluru or New Delhi
The Wire Science is looking for a sub-editor to conceptualise, edit and produce high-quality news articles and features in a digital newsroom.
- Good faculty with the English language
- Excellent copy-editing skills
- A strong news sense
- A strong interest in new scientific findings
- Know how to read scientific papers
- Familiarity with concepts related to the scientific method and scientific publishing
- Familiarity with popular social media platforms and their features
- Familiarity with the WordPress content management system (CMS)
- Ability to handle data (obtaining data, sorting and cleaning datasets, using tools like Flourish to visualise)
- Strong reasoning skills
- 1-3 years’ work experience
- Optional: have a background in science or engineering
- Edit articles according to The Wire Science‘s requirements, within tight deadlines
- Make editorial decisions in reasonable time and communicate them constructively
- Liaise with our reporters and freelancers, and work together to produce stories
- Work with The Wire Science‘s editor to develop ideas for stories
- Compose short news stories
- Work on multimedia rendering of published stories (i.e. convert text stories to audio/video stories)
- Work with the tech and audience engagement teams to help produce and implement features
Salary will be competitive.
Dalit, Adivasi, OBC and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you’re interested, please write to Vasudevan Mukunth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention you’re applying for The Wire Science sub-editor position in the subject line of your email. In addition to attaching your resumé or CV, please include a short cover letter in the email’s body describing why you think you should be considered.
If your application is shortlisted, we will contact you for a written test followed by an interview.